We are looking for a Full-Time employee who will work 9 am – 6 pm Tuesday – Saturday, hours may change due to retail nature of the job. In this rewarding and diverse role, your primary responsibility is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Bellevue LifeSpring Thrift Shop including scheduling, supervising and training staff, volunteers and interns. The thrift shop is well established in the Bellevue community and is supported by a committed and enthusiastic team of dedicated volunteers. This position has four paid, part-time staff working evening and weekend shifts who report to the manager. A volunteer that is responsible for coordinating shop volunteers and bankers as well as managing the volunteer schedule also reports to the manager. The manager is responsible for ensuring the shop is staffed during all mall operation hours.
Our Thrift Shop is located on the top floor of Bellevue Square.
- Interacting with other merchants to encourage donations to the store. You will also attend monthly merchants’ meetings to keep up to date on what is happening at The Bellevue Collection.
- Managing the sorting and pricing of incoming donations and training the volunteers and staff to do the same. Donations are vital to the thrift shop mode. The manager is responsible for maximizing quality donations.
- Responsible for tracking and managing sales and achieving monthly sales goals.
- We serve a diverse customer and client base. The manager will serve as Bellevue LifeSpring’s ambassador to the community so must be able to serve our clients and customers with dignity and respect.
We are looking for a caring, compassionate, organized individual who is collaborative and likes to work with a team. Must be passionate about our mission to support children in need in the Bellevue community. If you have a passion for serving others, helping improve the lives of children in need and know that you are making an impact on your community, you will fit right in with our team.
We have a motivated and fun team. You will never be bored! As one of the members of a close-knit team, each day will present new challenges and your individual input will be valued and appreciated.
- 3-5 years of retail management and supervisory experience. Thrift store management preferred.
- Scheduling and supervisory experience including:
- Ability to achieve financial results through sales growth, expense management and increased average sales.
- Understanding and implementing loss prevention practices.
- Experience with managerial oversight of retail staff including hiring, training, coaching, praising, disciplining and terminating following State and Federal laws and using appropriate Human Resource guidelines.
- Experience driving quality donations to maximize revenue. Donations are critical to the success of the thrift shop.
- Time flexibility! The thrift shop is open mall hours which extend during the holidays.
- Proficient in Microsoft office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Bi-Lingual preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills working with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, twist, lift, and move intermittently throughout the day.
- Lift, push, pull, and otherwise move a minimum of 30 pounds
- Reliable transportation and proof of insurance required (mileage reimbursement provided)
- Bellevue LifeSpring provides support for the 3,700 children living in poverty in Bellevue with food, clothing, educational scholarships and emergency services.
- We are managed by a 27-member Board and supported by hundreds of energetic and committed Circle Member Volunteers.
- You will report to the Executive Director. In addition to the Thrift Shop team, the Bellevue LifeSpring office team includes 3 members of the Programs and Social Services team. We also have 4 members of the Development and Communications team and an accountant.
- Hourly Rate of Pay: $19.00-22.00 (depending on experience and skills).
- Health Benefits: Medical, dental and vision.
To apply, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to Media@BellevueLifeSpring.org.